In the field of sports based youth development (SBYD), organizations agree that the following guidelines must be in place to best serve our young people:
- Providing a safe space for youth
- Providing accessible, affordable programs
- Delivering programs through trained coaches and staff who have completed the appropriate background checks
- Utilizing intentional curriculum on and off the field
- Committing to a meaningful program evaluation process that occurs over time
- Focusing on the development of the child, not just of the athlete
To strengthen the SBYD sector we have made a commitment to support the organizations that directly impact these focus areas. To strengthen the SBYD sector we have made a commitment to strengthen the organizational capacity of each individual organization that provides SBYD programming.
PYSC Member Support Areas:
- Networking and Directory Services
- Training and Education
- Both on-field and off-field training
- Staff capacity building through one on one Executive and Staff Mentoring programs
- Curriculum and program development support
- Technical support and meaningful data collection: coalesce the research base to prove our impact
- Resource development
Members of PYSC may attend quarterly networking meetings where experts cover a host of relevant topics, plus ongoing programs and services that support the whole organization. In addition, PYSC is constantly building new initiatives and creating partnerships that benefit the SBYD community.
PYSC Members also have access to the online Member area that includes a forum, job postings, the Member Toolkit, and more.
Click here for our detailed PYSC Best Practice Membership Plan document